Aging is a natural process of life. It can be a beautiful process and should be celebrated by taking ways ahead of time to make sure your health is at it’s best. Regardless of your age, as a woman, you can enjoy your sunset years through the following five ways:
1. Exercise more. Exercise is among the best natural anti-aging methods. It’s a great way for you maintain a healthy weight and sleep better. Exercise for at least 30 minutes a day through walking, yoga, hiking, or weight lifting to exercise all your body’s muscles. Look for physical activities that you enjoy doing to make your workout enjoyable.
2. Quit smoking. Choosing to stop smoking is a plus in helping you age healthily. Smoking causes oxidative stress to your cells making you age faster. Additionally, second-hand smoke poses health risks to non-smokers around you.
3. Check-ups. Strive to visit your primary care physician and your women’s health doctor at least once a year. During such visits, you get to discuss good health habits and undergo vital screenings. These visits and screenings provide early detection of health problems. Like all health concerns, early detection is key for a happy, healthy lifestyle.
4. Spare time for hobbies. Spare a few minutes out of your busy schedule to indulge in activities that please you such as reading, traveling, going to the movies, or cooking. Hobbies help you release pent-up emotions which could be weighing you down.
5. Be sun smart. Avoid exposure to ultraviolet radiation from the rays of the sun by limiting the time spent outdoors, covering your body with clothing, wearing of sunglasses, and use of sunscreen. Too much exposure to the rays of the sun can cause cancer, cataracts, and immune suppression making you susceptible to diseases.
Our goal at Antheia Gynecology is to provide thorough, compassionate and the most up-to-date care. Don’t put your health to the side, schedule your visit with our office today. Call 609.448.7800 today!